background

Monday, November 4, 2013

Name That Blog!


So, back when I was a college kid, I fronted this Rock and Roll band with Fowler and Self and Dvorak and Phil.  I didn’t actually front the band, I just say that now, because it chaps Fowler, Self, Dvorak and Phil so much.   I actually introduce them these days as “my back-up band”, because… well, because I’m the one who thought of it first.

So, back then, Self and I wrote a few songs.  Mostly they were great tunes, real Lennon and McCartney stuff. But because there was no World Wide Web in 1972, and no tools for producing your own music on a PC in your Mom’s basement, those shoulda-been classic songs have been lost down the long corridor of time. The band grew up, got real jobs, and in 1975 I got a new partner.  Linda’s been my inspiration for…lemme see, well, for everything since 1975.

Still, some of those unfinished songs still bounce around in my head, looking for a way out.  One such hook line was:

”You are my window, where I watch the world”. Just imagine that with a Barry White melody behind it. Hel-lo, ladies! 

Anyway, I liked the line because of the alliteration (that means all those w’s in a row.)  I think it’s the repetitive sound that makes some lines stay with us for a long time.  Well so, here we are, like 40 years after the birth of the original line, and I think we can finally use it.

Welcome to our Blog “Window to our World”.  Hope you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, crap. People used to think that I was the writer in the family...

    ReplyDelete